- Expert Review HighlightsFour tech reviewers in phone-shaped windows side by side, in black and white. Each reviewer’s window lights up in color when they speak. On Marques Brownlee’s window it says Upgraded!, on Unbox Therapy’s window it says Standout!, on Mrwhosetheboss’ window it says Super! and on Krystal Lora’s window it says Insane! What are they talking about? Mrwhosetheboss holds the Galaxy S20 Ultra in landscape mode, and a camera pans over three Galaxy S20 Ultra phones laying facedown on a table. Krystal Lora holds the Galaxy S20 in Cloud Pink, Galaxy S20 plus in Cloud Blue, and Galaxy S20 Ultra in Cosmic Gray. Galaxy S20 Ultra in Cosmic Black laying facedown on a table, then held in hand to show the rear multi-camera. Demonstrating 100X Space Zoom on the Galaxy S20 Ultra and taking 108MP photos. Demonstrating Single Take with a woman juggling. The screen splits into three windows, demonstrating how to set up 8K Video in the Camera settings and then take 8K Video. Galaxy S20 plus laying faceup on a table to show off the Infinity-O Display. A hand holding Galaxy S20 Ultra and swiping quickly back and forth on the home screen to demonstrate the smooth scrolling with the 120Hz Display. One UI 2.1. Various close-ups of the rear camera system on Galaxy S20, S20 plus, and S20 Ultra. Marques Brownlee flipping the Galaxy S20 from back to front.
- Doing it right with the Galaxy S20Marques, aka MKBHD, is holding the Galaxy S20 in Cloud Blue facedown over a colorful carpet. He turns it over and swipes up on the screen to unlock it. Then he’s talking to the camera in front of his PC setup with two monitors and a black and red geometric pattern on the wall. He holds Galaxy S20 in Cloud Blue and Galaxy S20 plus in Cosmic Gray in one hand. S20 $999, S20 plus $1199. He turns one of the phones around in his hand to show each side, from the keyless side, to the screen, to the power key and volume key side, to the back. Galaxy S20 and S20 plus sit side by side on a bookshelf to show the size difference. MKBHD swipes side to side and up and down on the screen to show the touch sensitivity, and switches from app to app, scrolling through some windows to show the 120Hz refresh rate. 120Hz = 2400×1080 60Hz = 3200×1140 Closeup of the Infinity-O Display showing the center punch hole for the front camera. Galaxy S20 6.2″ 120Hz QHD plus OLED, Snapdragon 865, 12GB RAM, 128GB and microSD, 4000mAh, 12+64+12MP cameras, 10MP selfie camera, IP68 Galaxy S20 6.7″ 120Hz QHD plus OLED, Snapdragon 865, 12GB RAM, 128/512GB and microSD, 4500mAh, 12+64+12MP+Depth cameras, 10MP selfie camera, IP68 Closeup on the rear cameras on Galaxy S20 12MP Main, F/1.8, 1/1.176″. 64MP 3X, F/2.0, 1/1.172″. 12MP Wide, F/2.2, 1/2.55″ In the Camera app, he taps the zoom option to show 1x, 3x, and 0.5x Hybrid Optic Zoom, and then taps on the Super Resolution Zoom options to show 30X Space Zoom. He goes into the Camera settings to choose the 16:9 (8K) option for rear video size He uses Single Take to capture multiple formats of a woman juggling
- 5 reasons to buy the Galaxy S20 UltraCloseups of Galaxy S20 Ultra from various angles: the display, the rear camera, the front camera, the corners. He runs his finger up and down, and left and right across the screen to show the quick and smooth response of the 120Hz display. He holds Galaxy S20 Ultra in his right hand, using only his thumb to access menus, the Quick Panel, and settings, to demonstrate how One UI upgrades make one-handed use easy. A closeup on the phone’s edge, where the dedicated Bixby button used to be. In the background, a little dog is chasing its tail so the camera breaks away from Lewis to spotlight the dog. He shows the Power settings menu and the Side key options, where you can choose what the power/Bixby key does when you double press or press and hold. Closeup on the edge of the Infinity-O Display, showing its less curved edge compared to previous edge screens. One of his Instagram pictures taken with the Wide-angle camera on Galaxy S20 Ultra of the front of a car frozen with icicles. He plugs Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra into the DeX Cable to get the desktop-like experience on his laptop. They go over to Will, who is sitting on a couch, and he also scrolls through a social media platform to show how quickly it responds and smoothly it moves.
- Galaxy S20 going all outKrystal holds Galaxy S20 in Cloud Pink, Galaxy S20 plus in Cloud Blue, and Galaxy S20 Ultra in Cosmic Gray in her hands. Then she has Galaxy S20 in Cosmic Pink in one hand and Galaxy S20 plus in Cloud Blue in another. She takes a selfie with one of the phones She holds Galaxy S20, S20 plus, and S20 Ultra, all in Cosmic Gray in her sands to show the size differences more clearly. Galaxy S20 6.2-inch Quad HD plus Dynamic AMOLED 2X (563ppi) HDR10 plus certified 120HZ display support Galaxy S20 plus 6.7-inch Quad HD plus Dynamic AMOLED 2X (525ppi) HDR10 plus certified 120HZ display support Galaxy S20 Ultra 6.9-inch Quad HD plus Dynamic AMOLED 2X (511ppi) HDR10 plus certified 120HZ display support She swipes side to side and up and down to show the fast response and smooth movement of the 120Hz display. She holds the phone in landscape mode and is watching a music video, demonstrating the clarity and color of the Infinity-O Display She’s recording a video in the Camera app and taps the option to change the video format to 8K Galaxy S20 Ultra Wide: 12MP, 120º, F2.2, Wide-angle: 12MP, 79º, F1.8, Telephoto: 64MP, 76º, F2.0, Super Resolution Zoom up to 30x Galaxy S20 plus Ultra Wide: 12MP, 120º, F2.2, Wide-angle: 12MP, 79º, F1.8, Telephoto: 64MP, 76º, F2.0, and Depth Vision | Super Resolution Zoom up to 30x Galaxy S20 Ultra Ultra Wide: 12MP, 120º, F2.2, Wide-angle: 108MP, 79º, F1.8, Telephoto: 48MP, 24º, F3.5, and Depth Vision | Super Resolution Zoom up to 100x She uses the Camera app to take a picture of her surroundings, but first uses her thumb to adjust the settings in Pro mode
- Official IntroductionAn extreme close up of a camera lens, with light moving across it. The image zooms out slightly to show the lens in a square. Then it zooms out further to show the whole shape of the rear camera on Galaxy S20 Ultra. Disclaimer: Image simulated for illustrative purposes. The scene zooms out more to show the upper half of the Galaxy S20 Ultra in Cosmic Gray. It spins around and another Galaxy S20 Ultra in Cosmic Black appears. They both turn to the front and across the screens is text that says 2020. One phone disappears and the remaining phone says S20 across the screen. It zooms into the screen and an extreme close up on a camera lens appears. The Galaxy S20 Ultra is shown facedown in landscape mode and it’s turning slightly to show its rear camera. It zooms out to show the upper half of the phone and it spins to the front to show the bubble graphic wallpaper onscreen. It turns again and the phone disappears, leaving only the camera. The lenses pop out from the camera, showing the layers each lens is made of and the flash. Labels show which camera is the Ultra Wide, Wide, DepthVision, and Tele camera. Disclaimer: 9x more pixels based on average smartphone camera resolution of 12MP. The lenses go back into the camera and it zooms out to show text saying 108MP but the zero is replaced by the camera. It spins around and shows a photo of a sky. The photo expands to fill the screen and shows a beach scene, where someone is jumping off a cliff into the sea, but appears to be on the surfboard being held. The scene zooms in twice, focusing on the man jumping. Disclaimer: Image simulated for illustrative purposes. Actual UI may differ from image. The rear camera appears again and the Tele camera pops out, with a label that says Space Zoom 10x Hybrid Optic Zoom, Up to 100x Super Resolution Zoom. It turns and shows the 100X number on the camera, and through one of the zeroes a beach scene photo appears. Disclaimer: Image simulated for illustrative purposes. Actual UI may differ from image. The first zoom in is of a sand castle a man made that says Hello. It zooms in further to show a dog wearing goggles. The zoom interface on the screen increases, starting at 1X, going to 10X, and finally to 100X. Disclaimer: Super Resolution Zoom includes digital zoom, which may cause some image deterioration. Image simulated for illustrative purposes. Actual UI may differ from image. The camera reappears, this time separating to show layers and sensors for Bright Night. The scene goes through the lens, and a low light photo of a woman appears. The image splits in half, with one half much darker, to show the difference between a photo taken not on Galaxy S20 Ultra and one taken with Galaxy S20 Ultra. Disclaimer: Galaxy S20 Ultra’s image sense is about 2.9x larger than Galaxy 10. Image simulated for illustrative purposes. Actual UI may differ from image. We return to the camera, this time separating to show the layers of Anti-rolling stabilization based on AI. The scene goes back through the camera lens and shows a bubble soccer game with really shaky footage. The Bixby interface appears over the video. Disclaimer: Service availability may vary depending on country; Bixby recognizes select languages and certain accents/dialects; availability of Bixby features and content providers may vary depending on country or language; data/Wi-Fi required to fully operate Bixby features. Super Steady turns on as we keep watching the bubble soccer game, but the footage now is smooth and clear. Disclaimer: Image simulated for illustrative purposes. Actual UI may differ from image. The scene shifts to a man in the bubble soccer game bouncing the soccer ball off his head and it pulls out to show the same scene in the phone in the Single Take interface, and different formats of the scene appearing on the screen. There is also text saying Single Take on either side of the phone. Disclaimer: The format and amount of Single Take resolute may differ based on original capture. Image simulated for illustrative purposes. Actual UI may differ from image. The phone spins and text saying 8K appears, with camera lenses in the holes of the 8. It shifts to an 8K video of a boy jumping off a diving board. The 8K Video Snap interface appears onscreen and the video is reversed until a moment where it looks like the boy is on a cloud. Disclaimer: Sequence shortened. Image simulated for illustrative purposes. Actual UI may be different from image. It zooms out to the upper half of Galaxy S20 Ultra in Cosmic Gray. The phone spins to the front, displaying the same 8K video. The YouTube interface appears and scrolls down to a comment. Disclaimer: Requires optimal 5G connection. Actual speed may vary depending on country, carrier, and user environment. The scene zooms out to the phone, which spins around to the front showing the Netflix app, with text saying 5G on either side of the phone. The download interface appears, showing how fast Netflix episodes can be downloaded with 5G. Disclaimer: Requires optimal 5G connection. Actual speed may vary depending on country, carrier, and user environment. Netflix subscription required. Download restrictions apply. A scene from an old movie plays with a low battery icon flashing over the clip. The view pulls out to show the Galaxy S20 Ultra in landscape mode with a cityscape on screen which changes to the same scene at night. Text saying 5000mAh is next to the phone. Disclaimer: 5000mAh (typical) battery only available on Galaxy S20 Ultra. Typical value tested under third-party laboratory condition. Typical value is the estimated average value considering the deviation in battery capacity among the battery samples tested under IEC 61960 standard. Rated (minimum) capacity is 4855mAh for Galaxy S20 Ultra. Actual battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage patterns and other factors Estimated against the usage profile of an average/typical user. Independently assessed by Strategy Analytics between 2020.01.13–24 in USA and UK with pre-release versions of SM-G980, SM-G981, SM-G985, SM-G986 and SM-G988 under default setting using LTE, 5G Sub6 networks (NOT tested under 5G mmWave network) Actual battery life varies by network environment, features and apps used, frequency of calls and messages, number of times charged, and many other factors. The phone opens like a book, flipping through photos progressively faster then slower until it stops and flips over completely to show the phone screen displaying a multitude of photo thumbnails. Disclaimer: Figure only for 1.5TB (internal memory 512GB + external memory 1TB via microSD card) total storage and is based on the assumption that one image=2MB. Actual number of photos that can be stored depends on your camera setting. Storage space simulation exclusive of pre-installed software and applications. Actual storage space may vary by country, model, file size, and format. Micro SD card sold separately and may vary by country and manufacturer. The Bixby interface appears over the thumbnails. Disclaimer: Service availability may vary depending on country; Bixby recognizes select languages and certain accents/dialects; availability of Bixby features and content providers may vary depending on country or language; data/Wi-Fi required to fully operate Bixby features. The thumbnails shift to get bigger then pushes out to reveal the phone. The photos onscreen disappear and a black screen with the Samsung Knox logo appears.The screen disappears to reveal the technology inside of a Galaxy S20, with labels that say Pin, password, and pattern. Disclaimer: Samsung Knox delivers defense-grade security to keep your data protected. Image simulated for illustrative purposes. A series of close up images of the Galaxy S20 Ultra appear, including a camera lens, the rear camera, the metal frame on the side of the phone, the lower half of the phone, and the upper half of the phone. It spins and a Galaxy S20 plus In Cloud Blue and Galaxy S20 in Cloud Pink appear. They spin again to reveal two Galaxy S20 Ultra phones and text saying Galaxy S20 Ultra.
108MP lets you pinch in. Again. And again. And again.4
Photo taken on Galaxy S20 Ultra’s 108 megapixel camera of a couple sitting on a beach. The 108MP gives you incredible detail in your photos so you can pinch in again and again without losing clarity, and as we pinch in on the photo, we discover a scene of someone carrying a surfboard at the right angle to make it look like the person jumping off the cliff behind them is jumping onto the surfboard
Pinch in to experience 108MP
Let there be night
Night mode off
Night mode on
People walking on the street in front of an ad for a fitness center, with a woman pulling on a big rope. The video timeline reverses until we see a man walking in front of the fitness center ad, appearing to be pulled by the rope. The 8K video snap icon appears and is tapped, capturing a still of that momentA bubble soccer game. It starts with a man heading the ball, and then two men bumping into each other in the bubbles. The video then changes into several different formats to illustrate the variety of formats Single Take automatically creates
Select Single Take mode in the camera and tap the shutter. Move around for up to 10 seconds to capture the whole scene.
*Image simulated for illustrative purposes.
The Netflix GUI shows the main screen for Stranger Things, and shows multiple episodes downloading quickly thanks to the fast connection. The downloads complete and the interface disappears to play a clip from Stranger Things.
Deleting is so 2019
Up to 512GB 14Internal
Plus up to an additional 1TBvia MicroSD 13
*Accessories sold separately. Model and color availability may vary by country or carrier.
Compare the models
Galaxy S20 5G Galaxy S20+ 5G Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Cosmic Gray
- Cloud Blue
- Cloud Pink
- Cosmic Gray
- Cosmic Black
- Cloud Blue
- Aura Blue
- Cosmic Gray
- Cosmic Black
Screen size2High resolutionSpace Zoom3Battery4
- Color availability may vary depending on country or carrier.
- Measured diagonally, Galaxy S20’s screen size is 6.2″ in the full rectangle and 6.1″ with accounting for the rounded corners; Galaxy S20+’s screen size is 6.7″ in the full rectangle and 6.5″ with accounting for the rounded corners; and Galaxy S20 Ultra’s screen size is 6.9″ in the full rectangle and 6.7″ with accounting for the rounded corners; actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners and camera hole.
- Space Zoom includes digital zoom, which may cause some image deterioration.
- Typical value tested under third-party laboratory condition. Typical value is the estimated average value considering the deviation in battery capacity among the battery samples tested under IEC 61960 standard. Rated (minimum) capacity is 3880mAh for Galaxy S20, 4370mAh for Galaxy S20+, and 4855mAh for Galaxy S20 Ultra. Actual battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage patterns and other factors.