HP at CES 2021 stated that with half of the global workforce still working from home new consumer and employee PC/laptop use cases and demands are emerging and need a rethink of the PC role.
Yes, we love WFH (GadgetGuy article here), and 72% of knowledge workers want a hybrid remote-office model moving forward.
Alex Cho, president, Personal Systems, HP said,
“The PC is more essential than ever. But it is what people do with it that is more important. Our innovation comes from deep customer insights that help keep people connected, engaged, and contributing. We are looking beyond the device people use to what will improve their experience – from software that provides lighting control for video calls, peripherals that enable a more customised experience, to how services can make it easier to monitor and manage devices for a multitude of devices.”
HP at CES 2021 business announcements
DragonFly – two new models G2 and Max
HP claims the G2 is the worlds lightest convertible (x360). Updates include 11th Generation Intel Core, Project Evo certification, 4/5G, Tile (tracking) and Audio by Bang & Olufsen, now AI-enabled to maximise the audio experience for speech, music, and movies.
The Max focuses on collaboration with four wide-range microphones with AI-driven audio optimisation, a 5 MP + IR camera for high-quality video chatting and HP Eye Ease display blue light technology with Eyesafe certification.
HP Elite Wireless Earbuds
They are for collaboration (and good music). These have personalised audio tuning, adjustable noise cancellation, and sound situation pre-sets. They seamlessly switch from a conference call on a PC to listening to music on the phone via the Windows 10, iOS, or Android app.
HP Elite Folio – Windows on ARM
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx Gen 2 5G compute platform
- Optional 5G connectivity,23 Wi-Fi 6
- Uup to 24.5 hours of local video playback
- 76-degree FOV HP privacy shutter webcam, dual-microphone array
- High-definition speakers with Audio by Bang & Olufsen.
- 13.5” and an optional HP Sure View Reflect privacy panel,
- Fanless design and quiet keyboard.
- HP Elite Slim Active Pen with an integrated charging and storage cradle
HP EliteBook 840 G8 Aero
- Weight under 1.1kg
- 11th Gen Intel Core™ processors
- Integrated Tile™ capabilities
- Wi-Fi 6and optional 5G LTE connectivity options.
- 720p HD camera, world-facing third microphone, top-firing speakers, and AI-based audio
Also new in the HP Elite series are the HP EliteBook x360 1030 G8, HP EliteBook x360 1040 G8 and HP Elite x2 G8 *Tablet/detachable heyboard).
HP At CES 2021 Consumer announcements
HP ENVY 14
- 16:10 1920 x 1200 multi-touch IPS display
- Delta E <2 for colour accuracy out of the box.
- 11th Gen Intel Core processors
- Up to NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 Ti Max-Q design graphics
- Up to 16.5 hours of battery life to create confidently
There is a physical shutter for the webcam, a dedicated mute microphone key on the keyboard, and features AI Noise Removal to intelligently mute background noise when using speakers, headphones, or the microphone during video chats, audio calls, and recordings.
HP M-Series FHD Monitors
M24f, M27f, and M32f are 1920×1080 with a three-sided borderless design and cable management. HDMI or DP connection.
HP E24u G4 and HP E27u G4 USB-C Monitors
USB-C connection and 65W upstream charging. Also can be daisy-chained for dual monitors.
HP 635 Multi-Device Wireless Mouse
Connect with up to three different devices with the USB nano dongle (2 devices using Bluetooth)
Four programmable quiet-click buttons can activate predefined commands such as undo and redo using the side buttons in up to 10 applications, including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Sketch-Up, Chrome, and Zoom.